List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kiconloader is scary, and broken
From:       <pbrown () redhat ! com>
Date:       2000-05-30 15:25:12

On Tue, 30 May 2000, Torsten Rahn wrote:

> > Maybad here, I meant $KDEDIR/share/icons. and no, files in this
> > directoryare not found by the iconloader.
>
> Strange -- I just put MonaLisa.xpm there. RMB on Autostart
> -> Properties -> LMB on the current icon -> Other icons ->
> Browse -> Selecting $KDEDIR/share/icons/MonaLisa.xpm
> and clicking on the icon makes the Autostart-Folder
> appear with a mystery smile ...

Right.  Because the Icon= line now reads

Icon=/usr/share/icons/MonaLisa.xpm

What I am trying to say is there are lots of existing .kdelnk/.desktop
files with an entry like

Icon=MonaLisa.xpm

and in this case, the file will not be found.  I think it should, or we
break these files badly.

--
  Preston Brown
  pbrown@redhat.com                                Red Hat, Inc.