List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Binary incompatible changes: khtml
From:       Peter Kelly <pmk () post ! com>
Date:       2000-05-28 15:17:32

Hi everybody,

I'm assuming that this wednesday is the last chance to make binary
incomatible chanes, sot here's a few things I need to clean up with
khtml. These are changes that will only affect apps that access khtml's
DOM tree (Kafka is the only one I know of).

Briefly, these include:
- Some classes that are not descended from Node do not have Impl
classes, or have Impl classes of the wrong type (e.g. DOMImplementation,
DocumentRange, NamedNodeMap)
- All the classes in dom2_range.h and dom2_traversal.cpp do not have
impl classes, and also have some internal variables in the main class.
These should be moved to impl classes (and also the processing code for
these classes)
- Some classes do not have an isNull() method or handle() method (to get
access to the impl class).... these are needed for ECMAScript to do type
conversion and equality properly (actually, these may not cause BCI
problems)
- Node::applyChanges() and Node::getCursor() to not need to be virtual
(the impl classes handle the virtual stuff)

Any objections me committing these changes?

--
Peter Kelly
pmk@post.com