List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Random thought: mac menu only for kdesktop
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-05-28 12:55:06

#if Wilco Greven

> Yes, why not add the K-menu somewhere in the menu. Probably some
> people will use this menubar as a substitute for Kicker. Maybe also an
> item to start the helpcenter should be added under Help.

Yes, we used to have this in KDE 1 and it was a nifty way to avoid using
kicker.

> The menu should be easy to access using the keyboard.

Agreed. How to get to it ? ...

> The question came up whether Kicker should be generating the K-menu and (not
> yet) the Windowlist-menu. It's probably better to do this in KDesktop, since
> it's (I guess) more likely that they will --not-- run Kicker than KDesktop.

Well most of the K-menu is generated by KSycoca... it's only stuff like
the 'quickbrowser' that's done by Kicker itself. What about the K-menu
being created within kdelibs somewhere ? Then kdesktop, the mac menu,
and kicker can all have one.

I think the window list menu should be created by kwin, but what if you're
not running kwin... Should it be available via class KWin and available
whatever window manager you're using ?

I think I might be talking crap today :)

Rik