List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kicker positioning fast hack to obey bland law of fitts
From:       m_elter () t-online ! de (Matthias Elter)
Date:       2000-04-29 14:39:32

On Sat, 29 Apr 2000, tibirna@kde.org wrote:
> Hi
>
> I tested a ugly hack where slightly changing the positioning of kicker (in
> Panel::initialGeometry()) allows to obey Fitts law.
>
> Specifically, I made so that kicker is always positioned one pixel outer
> from the screen. This way, when throwing the mouse pointer to kicker's
> screen side, the button under the mouse is certainly highlighted.
>
> The panel doesn't look really too bad afterwards, but all this remains a
> hack nevertheless.
>
> Is this worth something?

Hmn, I was thinking about removing the highlight on mouseover "feature". IMHO
it confuses more than its worth. kpanel did not have such a behaviour and
GNOME panel does not have, too.

But your fix is more about easier panel button targeting.
I tested your suggestion and like it.  I have implemented it using your hack
for now but will do this in a clean way if it makes you feel better.

Cheers,
Matthias

--
Matthias Elter