List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    kicker positioning fast hack to obey bland law of fitts
From:       tibirna () kde ! org
Date:       2000-04-29 13:28:26

Hi

I tested a ugly hack where slightly changing the positioning of kicker (in
Panel::initialGeometry()) allows to obey Fitts law.

Specifically, I made so that kicker is always positioned one pixel outer
from the screen. This way, when throwing the mouse pointer to kicker's
screen side, the button under the mouse is certainly highlighted.

The panel doesn't look really too bad afterwards, but all this remains a
hack nevertheless.

Is this worth something?

Thanks

--