List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kicker positioning fast hack to obey bland law of fitts
From:       tibirna () kde ! org
Date:       2000-04-29 15:10:44

On Sat, 29 Apr 2000, Matthias Elter wrote:

> Hmn, I was thinking about removing the highlight on mouseover "feature". IMHO
> it confuses more than its worth. kpanel did not have such a behaviour and
> GNOME panel does not have, too.

Well, I kinda like the highlighting of UI elements (UIe). But right now
things aren't very consistent (only a few UIe support mouseover hlg.)

> But your fix is more about easier panel button targeting.

True.

> I tested your suggestion and like it.  I have implemented it using your hack
> for now but will do this in a clean way if it makes you feel better.

Thanks a lot. The correct solution would be to make the panel main widget
have no 1 pixel border. But this would take out the tiny 3D look == bad.

BTW, thanks a lot for the excellent work on kicker. This is excellent.

Cristian Tibirna