List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Mac-menu is _not_ faster
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-04-28 18:26:16

#if Michael Matz
> If we want to make Mac style the default (I _don't_ object against that),
> then please not with the reason "it is proven that it is better", because
> that is not true. Nobody has proven anything besides me who proved by
> counterexample that it is not faster in every case.

Ok, but you invented your own method of measurement. I'm not saying it's
wrong, but proving something like that involves reading a lot of HCI
theory and learning how these sorts of tests are usually done, where
possible flaws in the testing process would be ironed out.

I'm now half-for and half-against the mac menu thing, but the main
argument that's persuading me against it is that there may be many
non-KDE apps that we need to be compatible with. Still I haven't seen a
very long list, so I'm inclined to say that making the jump is worth it.

Rik