List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Mac-menu is _not_ faster
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-04-28 18:28:39

#if claus wilke
> Hi,
>
> I fully agree with the subject. Mac-menu is *not* faster if you use your GUI
> the way I do (I don't know how many do this though). I mainly use shells,
> emacs, a browser, and a mail program.

Sorry, but if you use shells, then you're not a target user. I think I'm
right in saying that.

> [...] The fastest way to switch between windows is autoraise

Again, if you use autoraise, you're not sitting with the vast majority
of users (in our 'target group'), so you're a special case.

We're assuming that people like yourself will cope with switching to
a top-of-window menubar. We're _not_ suggesting that the mac menubar
would be the _only_ option.

Rik