List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: While were making controversial suggestions... ;)
From:       m_elter () t-online ! de (Matthias Elter)
Date:       2000-04-28 18:24:28

On Fri, Apr 28, 2000 at 11:16:55AM -0700, Kurt Granroth wrote:
(...)
> That said, I *do* agree that we should not use the KDE 1.x style
> plugin as the default.
>
> IMO, I think that either System or Laptop should be the default --
> probably System.

What I don't like about System as default is the close button on the left. Everybody \
and their brother are used to have the close buttons on the right of the titlebar.
> Now both do have very small problems though: System should have a
> frame around the border just like Laptop, B II, and ModernSystem do.
> With the System style, the menus look like they are on *top* of the
> window... with the other three styles I named, the menus look like
> they are embedded in the window.  The latter looks a LOT better.
>
> Laptop should have a smaller size grip (like the size of
> MondernSystem) and should allow you to resize the window on all of the
> edges, not just the top and right side.

Laptop is perfect for small/bad displays liek laptop screens. It's not designed to be \
a KDE default style.

--
Matthias Elter
elter@kde.org