List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Binding an app to a protocol (KVNC)
From:       Dawit A <adawit () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2000-04-28 1:27:15

On Thu, 27 Apr 2000, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Apr 2000, Richard Moore wrote:
> > I would like to bind the app to a protocol so that you could
> > have say:
> > vnc://my.host:display/
> > And get KVNC triggered, like the way a mailto url works. Does
> > anyone know how to do this?
>
> There is no decent way for mailto-urls currently. It's all more or less
> ad-hoc code. I think it's all in kdelibs/kio. Feel free to turn it into a
> decent expandable solution which meets your needs.

Yep.  You probably want to hack this into job.cpp && krun.cpp just like kmail..
BTW, please use "vnc:/", instead of "vnc://" since this is not even a
representation of some protocol in the true sense of the word.  Hmmm... on
the second thought maybe it is.  Anyways the main reason is not that but
rather the fact that VNC is not a a heirarchial based protocol or resource
representation at all.

Cheers,
Dawit A.