List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Negative review of koffice..
From:       Torsten Rahn <torsten () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-04-20 9:58:09

oops -- in the archives it's called kde-koffice@kde.org

> printing (fonts) problems and missing zoom functionality. It's the current
> discussion on that list.
> Do people know that this great app was written by ONE very devoted guy ?
> As long as there aren't more KOffice developers, the situation is not going
> to improve much.

I know that our Reggie-Clones did some fantastic work on kword. But
unfortunately
as soon as you go out beyond these mailing-lists and try to promote kword
as a usable text-processing-tool no secretary will care about all the work that
has been put into this nice app nor will she care about the fact that it has
been
created by ONE very devoted guy. She only expects to get a usable app and will
very probably be quite disappointed sooner or later.
 My e-mail was not about bashing nor whining. It's just about a real-world-
usability-test including the results of it.

Tackat