List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kpanelapplet.h
From:       Graham TerMarsch <gtermars () home ! com>
Date:       2000-03-29 15:49:37

Matthias Elter wrote:
> Matthias Ettrich wrote:
> > The only benefit I see are the heightForWidth() and widthForHeight() functions.
> > What's the purpose of KPanelApplet? Or better: what's wrong with KApplet that
> > can't be fixed?
>
> Simplified API plus a KApplet never knows what size it actually will be
> granted, a KPanelApplet does.

Brings up the question, though, as to what happens if a KPanelApplet wants
to resize itself?  For example, I've got a themed clock applet that I've
been working on here and the biggest issue that I have at the moment is
that as a KApplet it can't resize itself and have the new size recognized
by Kicker.  Doesn't happen often, but each time a new theme is selected the
size of the clock changes.  Does KPanelApplet address this issue as well?

--
Graham TerMarsch

// Avoid reality at all costs.