List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Feature request: KRun::run(KDesktopFile)
From:       Matthias Hoelzer-Kluepfel <mhk () caldera ! de>
Date:       2000-03-29 15:48:22

Hi David et. al.,

I would suggest to add a new static function to KRun that
simply takes a .desktop file and executes it just like kicker
does when pressing a button.

Right now, one has to look into the file to find out if is to
run in a terminal, add terminal options and all that stuff.

I have a little method for the simplest cases, but I am sure
the real solution should take care of %f and stuff like that.

Does this sound unreasonable? Does anyone already have some
code?

Bye,
Matthias.