List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kcontrol dock feature
From:       Falk Brettschneider <gigafalk () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2000-03-16 6:43:35

Hi,

Graham TerMarsch wrote:

> Matthias Elter wrote:
> > Is anybody using the dock/undock feature in kcontrol?
> > IMHO it's a looks_cool_but_is_not_used feature.
> > Especially with kcontrol going to have only one active module
> > it does not make any sence to me.
> > If nobody objects the dock/undock feature will
> > be gone in the upcoming kcontrol version.
>
> I don't think that its an essential feature for KControl, but I'd also
> like to say that at the same time I'd also find having that feature
> built into a widget pair would be great.  Got a few little apps here
> where it'd be real nice if I could dock/undock various parts of them.
Look out for the upcoming cvs-addition of the KDockWidget-set to
kdelibs/kdeui!

We will commit Maxim Judin's dockwidget set of KDEStudio. Currently, it
is being adapted to the KDE naming convention... and I hope it's getting
in the kdelibs until the source freeze.

Otherwise, if you wanted the dock/undock feature in an MDI application,
the best decision would be to take the QextMDI widget-set.

--

Ciao,
--Falk