List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Things that bother me ...
From:       Kurt Granroth <granroth () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-03-16 6:20:57

Cristian Tibirna wrote:
> icons:
>  - as already discussed, the latest changes to toolbar behaviour make the
>    toolbars very ugly because they rely on icons sizes to draw buttons,
>    hence buttons come up in variable sizes. Solution is IMHO to pass
>    over all icons and size them to the standard.

Yeesh.  Okay, I'll admit that the buttons aren't perfect, but they are
a hell of a lot better then they were before!  In the past, they did
have static sizes... and couldn't handle any icons that weren't the
right size!  Having the buttons dynamically resize according to its
own contents is The Right Way(tm) to do it.

Main toolbars, of course, all of the same button sizes.  When I
started making the changes to the toolbars, all bars followed this.
As many people noticed, though, this was substandard in cases like
'konsole' where the buttons *should* be different sizes.

Maybe a compromise is to always ensure that the buttons are the same
size UNLESS the text position is "IconTextRight" or "TextOnly"
           KDE -- Putting a Friendly Face on Unix