List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Things that bother me ...
From:       Cristian Tibirna <ctibirna () total ! net>
Date:       2000-03-16 6:05:36

... and I want to note them somewhere, otherwise I forget about...

No, the bugs system isn't appropriate IMHO for these (since I intend
anyways to fix them myself).

kcmshell:
 - never activates "Apply". Prognostic: not all KControl class interface
      is inherited
 - (as well as kcontrol) doesn't trigger proper refresh of desktop upon
      font/locale (and perhaps other too) modifs

menus (konqueror, kicker):
 - menu items that are roots for submenus should be deactivated when
      submenu is empty. Real cases: konqui's "View profile", kicker's
      "Personal"  and "Recent documents" in a brand new account

kdm:
 - when a lot of users are defined on the system and the "UserView"
      property is true, the "Users" browser/iconview is too large for the
      screen
 - a strange bug where widget focus can't be viewed/passed with the
      keyboard annoys a lot.

icons:
 - as already discussed, the latest changes to toolbar behaviour make the
      toolbars very ugly because they rely on icons sizes to draw buttons,
      hence buttons come up in variable sizes. Solution is IMHO to pass
      over all icons and size them to the standard.

kicker:
 - should show (with a gutter) where will be placed on drag/moves (from
      one side of the screen to another.

arts:
 - takes 16% of my processor and does absolutely nothing (doesn't play,
   doesn't issue errors, nothing)

Thanks for the attention. Now back to the code.

Cristian Tibirna