List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: conceptual changes to toolbars
From:       Kurt Granroth <granroth () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-03-04 17:12:45

Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> > How would you make it configurable?  In other words, what would be the
> > UI to configure this?
>
> I meant the approach of letting the user edit his toolbars. I.e. remove
> all those he doesn't want and therefore keep the bars lean and clean.
> Dragging an item out of a toolbar on some trash-icon removes it, and
> dragging menuitem from the menu onto the toolbar would create it.

Hmm.. well, that wouldn't be hard to do programatically but tricky
conceptually.  How do we know when a user is just clicking the button
or clicking on the button to drag it to the trash (or move it)?  Don't
say a time delay because we already have buttons (delayed menus) that
depend on a time delay.  Maybe a CTRL-click?  Er.. that would be a
hidden feature for sure.. almost nobody would remember that.
           KDE -- Putting a Friendly Face on Unix