List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: RE: indicator in menubar
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-03-04 10:46:02

On Fri, Mar 03, 2000 at 06:13:35PM -0800, Yves Arrouye wrote:
> > http://home.sprintmail.com/~granroth/integrated.png
> >
> > The code as I wrote it would put the indicator in the statusbar if the
> > menubar is hidden.  If both the menubar and the statusbar are hidden,
> > then the indicator is hidden, too.  I imagine that eventually there
> > would be code to put this somewhere around the toolbars.
>
> Why not the status bar by default (just feels funny there in the menu bar)?
> (Or---maybe a bad idea---why not animate the reload button while loading,
> getting away with the indicator altogether?).

Hmm. When I suggested top right corner, I was thinking of something like
Netscape (big icon) - which is obviously not in the menubar. Ooops.
If the icon is going to be that small, what about following
Waldo's idea ? -> it's an indicator, it should be in the statusbar.

Transparency will have to be worked on too (black doesn't look too good)

Thanks for looking into this, in any case !

--
David FAURE
david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org