List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Improved document handling (Was: Goal-orientation (files vs documents))
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-03-03 17:25:17

#if Dan Pilone
> Previously written in blue crayon:
>  > Another possibility would be to write a CVS-ioslave: this would allow
>  > the user to load/store documents with complete revision control using
>  > the standard file-dialog in all programs.
>
> 	I have been trying to come up with a way to do this (CVSing
> any file) off and on for a while.  I was originally thinking of adding
> a plugin to konquorer that would let you check files in or out.
> Hmm.. can you give me some more hints on how the ioslave thing would
> work?  I'd be willing to write it if you think that's the way to go.

One nice idea would be to remove 'Save' from the menus of all
KDE apps and simply allow infinite undo/redo, including to dates,
to named revisions, etc. This would be possible with CVS.

Out of all the features I have heard requested recently, this one
would make my millennium ;)

Rik

--
Treat your body as a surface for transgression.