List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Report from CeBIT 2000
From:       Chris Schlaeger <cs () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-03-03 16:47:23

Hi!

As you probably know some members of the KDE Team presented KDE
(esp. KDE 2.0 and KOffice preview) at the CeBIT 2000 in Hannover last
week.

More than 750,000 people visited the show and it was a huge success by
all measures. The SuSE booth was more than crowded all day long and
the KDE demo point was for sure the biggest attraction. We had 3 KDE
people on workdays and 8 KDE people over the weekend at the
booth. Sometimes SuSE staff helped us out to handle all the questions
asked. Most people knew KDE already but there was also lots of
interest from Windows users that like to migrate to Linux. There was
quite a bit of interest from companies that would like to switch to
KDE.

Martin Konold and I did regular presentations (2-4) a day of KDE
2.0. Stefan Westerfeld and Ralf Nolden presented aRts and KDevelop
during the weekend. All the KDE presentations were attended by more
than 100 people. On serveral occations the CeBIT security staff had to
step in to keep attendants from clobbering not only the alleys but
also the neighbouring boothes (Baan and Alpha Systems). Look here
http://www.suse.de/de/cebit/fotos/fotos26/index.html for a visual
impression of the crowds.

The SuSE staff did a great job taking care of us. Thanks to Martin,
Torsten, Mirko, Lars, Stefan W., Simon, Harri, Ralf and Carsten who
helped me getting this major event for KDE done.

The folks out there are longing for KDE 2.0. Let's bring it to them!
Chris

--
KDE 'Color Outside the Lines'
http://www.kde.org