List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: SMB !
From:       Nicolas Brodu <nicolas.brodu () free ! fr>
Date:       2000-02-29 12:26:19

aleXXX wrote:
> > And if anyone wants to spend time checking this, well, that's
> > fine by me :-)
>
> If I find the time and if I am connected to a LAN again (in april) I will try
> to make a smb-ioslave which simply wrapps the commandline tools (-> will work
> with older samba-versions).

It's even possible to integrate it in the current slave (see
below).

> Bye
> Alex
>
> P.S. or maybe earlier

If you are interested in doing this, I suggest you have a look
at the FileManagementInterface class. Just inherit it and
implement the methods using a wrapper. I also have some code
to wrap smbclient without passing user and password on the
command line, but I didn't take the time to put it all
together. Just mail me if you want to give a look at it.

Cheers,
Nicolas
--
A shortcut is the longest distance between two points. (unknown author)