List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    RE: SMB !
From:       David Faure <David.Faure () cramersystems ! com>
Date:       2000-02-29 10:48:25

Nicolas wrote:
> David wrote:
> > Only bug: there seems to be a memory corruption on the user name;
> > when going back so smb://host/ is asks for a password for a
> > garbage user name.
> > (I don't think it should even ask for a password there - it doesn't
> > need one to go to smb://host/subdir/)
>
> Hmm, my guess is you're accessing a Windows in user security
> level.
I don't know. I'm accessing a standard W98 share.

The memory corruption should be easy to find.
Do you store char * from QString or QCString, which can
be deleted at some point ?

> I couldn't test this setting furthermore with any
> 'recent' Windows version for the native code.
> This only way to check it is to use Samba-tng as the SMB
> back-end, and see if the problem dissappears (otherwise it's
> in kio_smb itself and should be easy to correct).
> See ftp://samba.org/pub/samba/alpha.

I might give it a go, but note that everybody will do
like I just did: configure,make,makeinstall.
You can't expect people to download yet another lib before compiling
KDE. Which code do you want to support in the future ?

Another bug: often, only the first file or directory
appears. I have to press reload 5 to 8 times before
I get all the icons again.

David.