List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: seeking advice on KDialogBase and KFileWidget
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! TU-Berlin ! DE>
Date:       2000-01-29 12:44:59

On Thu, Jan 27, 2000 at 12:39:54PM -0500, Emily Ezust wrote:

Hiya,

> I'm still running into difficulties. If I use KFileWidget,

oh well, I still haven't made it inherit KDirOperator, as I'm very short
on time. :-/ I'll have to think about that a little.

> I can't catch the signals fileHighlighted or fileSelected because
> KFileWidget never hooks up the dirOperator's signals to its
> own slots to emit signals. There is a function called setDirOperator
> that does this, but it's protected. Should that be public? Or
> should the connects be done in the constructor?

Sorry yes, that should be done in the constructor of KFileWidget. I'm
committing that right now.

> Now, if I use KDirOperator, I'm not sure how to plop it into
> my tab dialog as I could with KFileWidget.
>
> I want to do something like this:
>
>   QHBox *firstpage = addHBoxPage(i18n("Add"), i18n("Test"));
>   m_dirList = new KDirOperator(KDirOperator::Simple,
>                                firstpage, "dirlist");

Yes, this should work...

>   QFrame *frame = addPage(i18n("Advanced"));
>   QVBoxLayout *vlay = new QVBoxLayout(frame, 0, spacingHint());
>
>   m_dirList = new KDirOperator(KDirOperator::Simple,
>                                frame, "dirlist");
>   vlay->addWidget(m_dirList);

Yup, this should work also.

> (But this doesn't help another problem I have - that the FileWidget
> is always so tiny!)

Hmm, I don't get it - both versions should create a FileWidget exactly as
large as the tab in the dialog. Maybe Espen has some idea (he's the author
of KDialogBase).

Cheers,
Carsten Pfeiffer
--