List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KIOSlaves
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () suse ! de>
Date:       2000-01-20 17:23:03

On Thu, 20 Jan 2000, you wrote:
> Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > Hi Stephan,
> >
> > What is the status of the IO-slaves in the make-it-cool-branch?
> > What is working and what isn't? What needs to be done before it can
> > be merged with the head branch?
>
> Well, what is lacking most is a developer friendly API for KIOJob.

The API beteen KIOJob to the application or the API between KIOJob and
the io-slave?

> The communication to the slave, the dlopening, etc are working so
> far. But there is a lot to do and I got offerings by not less than
> 5 persons to help me, but so far almost nothing happened ;(

Is the file protocol supposed to be functioning? I tried to do a copy
with this 'kioslavetest' thingy and it stalls at 0%.

> KIOJob would be done by David and me, it's just a mater of time.
> But also all kioslaves besides kiofile need to be ported to the
> new "no URLS, just paths" kind of communication.

The way in which kio_file in the make-it-cool-branch communicates is
how it is supposed to be? If so I will start on converting the http
slave.

> The rest of the job handling shall be done within KIO(Job).

What is currently working and what isn't?

> What also needs to be done is some kind of reusing within kio_daemon.

I'll have a look at that.

Cheers,
Waldo