List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KIOSlaves
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-01-20 17:02:46

Waldo Bastian wrote:

> Hi Stephan,
>
> What is the status of the IO-slaves in the make-it-cool-branch? What is
> working and what isn't? What needs to be done before it can be merged
> with the head branch?

Well, what is lacking most is a developer friendly API for KIOJob.
The communication to the slave, the dlopening, etc are working so
far. But there is a lot to do and I got offerings by not less than
5 persons to help me, but so far almost nothing happened ;(

KIOJob would be done by David and me, it's just a mater of time.
But also all kioslaves besides kiofile need to be ported to the
new "no URLS, just paths" kind of communication. The rest of the
job handling shall be done within KIO(Job). What also needs to be
done is some kind of reusing within kio_daemon.

Greetings, Stephan

--
It said Windows 95 or better, so in theory Linux should run it
                                                GeorgeH on /.