List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Progress reporting and kioslaves
From:       Don Sanders <dsanders () cch ! com ! au>
Date:       1999-12-21 13:08:22

On Tue, 21 Dec 1999, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Don Sanders wrote:
> >
> As I said before: I suggest that kmail doesn't use KIOJob but controls
> the pop3 slave itself.

I must of missed that, but ok, I'll look into that. I have no idea how using the
pop3 slave directly will help me with progress controls, I think I have all the info
I need anyway. Maybe custom kioslave control will be useful for IMAP or something.

It's the built in support for progress controls (that I thought was advertised as
being useful in mail clients) that confuses me, I don't know how it can be
exploited. I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

> Then it can just fetch the informations the slaves
> serve and make sure the right way is used to display these informations.
> KIOJob is done for 90% of the apps - pop3 access in kmail is definitly in the
> other 10% :)

Ok, I would still like an explicit close command if possible. If I can get away with
using KIOJob that keeps things simple.

BFN,
Don.

BTW No response for cvs at the moment.
ping zeus.informatik.mu-luebeck.de
zeus.informatik.mu-luebeck.de is alive
Then again it seems to have a tendency to sleep at this time of day (night).