List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: Strategy for integrating the Nana debugging library
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-12-21 13:25:01

weis wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think David has really a point here.
>
> BTW: Often I wish I could tell users:
> Turn on debug output, do this and that and mail
> me the output. That does of course not work when users need
> to compile with -g. How would that be with your new kDebug, David ?
> Will the debug stuff remain or go out because of performance
> and memory bloat ? The last alternative, I assume ...
>
> However, I usually dont compile kword etc. with -g because of
> time/space. Being able to turn on debug output nevertheless
> would be a nice thing to prevent recompiling it every time.
>
> Bye
> Torben
>
> .... who did not printf much in the last weeks :-)
> I converted to qDebug ...

The problem with using any of this is that it still takes time
if turned off. So the user would still prefer if in final releases
anything debug related would take 0 time. But it should still work
without -g  in snapshots I guess :)

Greetings, Stephan

--
As long as Linux remains a religion of freeware fanatics,
Microsoft have nothing to worry about.