List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kdebase/kcontrol/display
From:       Michael Reiher <michael.reiher () gmx ! de>
Date:       1999-12-08 15:50:10

David Faure wrote:

> "desktop icons"
> look.
> > >
> > > We are developing some annoying splits in behaviour between kdesktop and
> > > konqueror.  Things like single-click etc. for icons should probably be
> > > configured in "style" not in konqueror/kdesktop configuration programs.
> > > Agreed?
> >
> > We should have a global single/double click configuration option.
> Yes
IMHO *all* the stuff on the "Behaviour" page(except the builtin view
stuff) should be globaly configured for KDesktop and Konqueror, to keep
everything consistent. The file management part of the desktop should
allways behave the same a konqy.

> > (The option is there, the configuration dialog not yet). Konqueror can
> have
> > its own option for "single/double/default click" making it possible to
> > override the default.
> ok
>
> > I don't see a reason why kdesktop should have an option to
> > override the default.
> Interesting... why konqy and not kdesktop ?
> Just wondering.
Why should either one override the defaults?
Just wondering.

And for the double_click_in_file_manager_but_single_click_in_browser
people, isn't this the standard behaviour when double click is enabled?

Greets

Michael
--
Michael Reiher
     Student at Dresden University of Technology