List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    RE: kdebase/kcontrol/display
From:       Lars Knoll <knoll () mpi-hd ! mpg ! de>
Date:       1999-12-08 12:05:44

On Wed, 08 Dec 1999, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Wed, 08 Dec 1999, David Faure wrote:
>
> > > (The option is there, the configuration dialog not yet). Konqueror can
> > have
> > > its own option for "single/double/default click" making it possible to
> > > override the default.
> > ok
> >
> > > I don't see a reason why kdesktop should have an option to
> > > override the default.
> > Interesting... why konqy and not kdesktop ?
> > Just wondering.
>
> I remember people rambling about  "I want to be able to double click in
> my file manager but not in my web-browser". So I guess that konqy might
> need some additional options for that. Personally I can't care less
> about this though.

Well, we'll never be able to satisfy everyone. There's always someone finding
something he doesn't like. Making konqi behave differently depending on the view
makes the whole programm inconsitent, which is a bad think IMO. These people
just complain, because they are used to having single click in netscape, and
double click in some filemanager they use.

But we should reather have everything single click or everything double click
(and, yes, make it configurable), to keep konqueror (which is _one_ application)
consitent in itself.

Cheers,
Lars