List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Program identification module - about dialogs
From:       "Dirk A. Mueller" <mueller () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-12-08 12:25:28

On Mit, 08 Dez 1999, Espen Sand wrote:

> In order to get this working we need some idetification module and here is
> what he proposed:

Good idea.

some things that come to my mind:

1) Mirko Sucker wrote something like that already. I think it's still in
kdelibs. maybe you should have a look at it.

2) why call all those methods "add*" ? normally in Qt and KDE they're called
"set*", right?

3) shouldn't the about box be part of the help menu? if yes, then why
storing the pointer in KApplication. it would match better in the helpmenu
class imho. (it's a widget anyway).

4) and why K_T_Aboutbox? imho KAboutDialog matches better the existing
naming sheme.

Dirk