List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: dcop interfaces, standard ?
From:       weis <weis () stud ! uni-frankfurt ! de>
Date:       1999-12-08 12:16:11

Hi,

this is Mr. Trader speaking. Give me all your stocks and I will
run away with your money. Ooops, that was my other job :-)

Ok, servicetypes are your friend. You can put all kind of information
in a servicetype including supported interfaces.

If you have three interfaces like

Edit
MultimediaPlayer
SpreadSheet

you may want to create three servicetypes and put the required
interface names in the servicetype. See how KOffice deals with
servicetypes.

Then you can query the trader for an application that implements a
certain sevrice type.

However, I tested that the last time before KSyCoCa but it should
still work that way ...

Bye
Torben