List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    kded excluding dirs?
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! TU-Berlin ! DE>
Date:       1999-11-28 8:42:33

Hi,

is it possible to configure kded which directories to watch for new
mimetypes, .desktop-files, et al?
I imagine our university network, where the KDE-installation is quite
static (you wouldn't need to run kded at all), but with KDEDIRS, a user
could install his own additions, where kded would make sense.
So could I tell kded to watch e.g. ~/kde, but not /usr/KDE?

I don't think 500 users stat'ing our /usr/KDE hierarchy once in a second
over NFS would be a good idea.

Cheers,
Carsten Pfeiffer
--