List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Konq / KHTML bugs
From:       Lars Knoll <knoll () mpi-hd ! mpg ! de>
Date:       1999-11-28 9:07:36

On Sat, 27 Nov 1999, Simon Hausmann wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Nov 1999, Richard Moore wrote:
>
> > I've playing with konq trying to see where there are problems, and
> > I came up with the following:
> >
> > - Back/Forward seems to have an off by one error, back often takes
> > you back 2 pages not 1.
>
> This is a known khtml problem.
>
> I was talking about that with Lars last week, and we thought about killing
> that bug by doing that proposed konq_htmlview-to-kdelibs/khtml move.
>
> Lars - what about doing the move this weekend? :-) (as Waldo approved it,
> regarding the freeze)

Sorry, I wasn't online the last two days (our server at home isn't working :( ).
If you think we can do it today, yes (supposing my flat mate get's our server
running again...)

> Ciao,
>  Simon
>
> > - You cannot select text in the HTML view

I know. It a missing feature. I'll try to fix it at some point.

> > - khtml doesn't render the kdejava-architecture.html file in kde2arch
> > correctly - it has trouble in a couple of places. Firstly it doesn't
> > apply the center tag to the first heading. The other problem is that
> > a BR inside a list item results in a bullet.

Antti promised to take care about the heading issue. I could have a look at the
<BR> problem.

> > - Color settings seem a bit unreliable, even when both the browser
> > defaults and the page settings should give a white background, the
> > background is grey.

Hmm... Antti?

> > - When opaque resizing the blue minititle bar above a view is redrawn
> > twice - once in grey and then again in blue. This causes some flicker.
> > It should set the no background widget flag.
> >
> > - There are often redraw problems that go away when you resize or
> > scroll. The problem seems to be only when a page is first rendered.

I know. We're still working on that stuff.

Cheers,
Lars