List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Canonic example of a working configuration dialog?
From:       Cristian Tibirna <ctibirna () total ! net>
Date:       1999-11-28 2:42:26

On Sat, 27 Nov 1999, Lotzi Boloni wrote:

>   Hi guys
>
>   Is there a canonic example for a configuration dialog in the new style?
> I think that I have done the source ok but I cannot figure out what to do
> with the .desktop file and those in kcontrol are the old style.
>
>       thanks in advance
>
>                Lotzi

Hi Lotzi

The README in kdebase/kcontrol is quite explicit and helpful. Includes
info about the .desktop file too.

In large lines:

Your config module has to obey:

- control class inherits KCModule
- you want to reload virtual methods: load(), save(), defaults() and
perhaps init() and buttons()
- you need a C function like:
extern "C" { KCModule *create_SOMETHING(...) { control_class(...) }; };

the SOMETHING will also be the ident particle of the lib name:
libkcm_SOMETHING and the name used to invoke the factory in the .desktop
file.

Look that README

Cristian