List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Key management
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () earthlink ! net>
Date:       1999-11-27 17:44:25

On Sat, 27 Nov 1999, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 26, 1999 at 07:02:29PM -0500, Dawit Alemayehu wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > Right.  But this is exactly what we are arguing ( I meant discussing :) here.
> > Whether we should have such flexiability since it makes some things a little bit
> > more difficult to manage :)
>
> well, it's implicit by using KConfig. If Joe Poweruser wants to have
> auto-completion for Konqi, but not for Minicli, he can just disable
> it globally and adjust his konquerorc to use it. It's a bit harder to
> provide a GUI for this, but why do that at all? It just has to be
> documented somewhere, that you can do this by editing the config-file,
> IMHO.

There is IMHO a way to do this without having to edit the config files.  Just
simply setting an overriding flag for the global configuration which should be
honored (hint: defined by style guide) by all apps when intially loading their
config files, allows you to make one setting, i.e. the global one, stick
everywhere.  This will also allow us to make everything consistent by simple
setting these flags and letting people customize them as they need.  Of course
you can always get around this by manually editing the config-files as well.

Regards,
Dawit A.