List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    RE: Progress dialogs
From:       David Faure <David.Faure () cramersystems ! com>
Date:       1999-11-25 14:19:58

> On Št, 25 nov 1999, Dawit Alemayehu wrote:
> >>
> >> Little progress is not used so far, but this could change. I have added
some
> >> info to the docs, so apps like kedit, etc. could try it out.
> >
> >Are you sure about this ?  I thought konqueror uses it to show progress
when
> >retreiving pages from net and also displaying large directories ...
> >Umm ... perhaps your machine is too fast for this :)
> >

> Konqueror is not using this widget at all, even if I don't know why.
> IMO it should be ported, because konqueror implementation
> does the same as KIOLittleProgressDlg.

Ah, indeed... I thought KIOLittleProgressDlg was a dialog box (since it has
Dlg in its name). I see now it's only a widget.
So : I agree, konqueror should use it.
How different does it look, compared to the konqueror one ?

[...]
> No need to create a super class, because current progress dialogs have a
very
> different functionality ( just compare LIst, Little and Simple progress
dialogs
> and you'll see ) and merging of common features would result in something
only
> a bit smarter then a simple QDialog.
Not even a QDialog, since the one above is a widget. Make this "only a bit
smarter
than a simple QWidget" :-)

--
David Faure