List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Konqueror plugins
From:       Matt Koss <koss () miesto ! sk>
Date:       1999-11-16 21:04:37

On Ut, 16 nov 1999, you wrote:
>There are two kinds of plugins:
>
>1) Plugins being an implementation of the Konqueror/Plugin servicetype.
>   These plugins are created via KLibLoader and given the KonqMainView as
>   parent QObject, so that they get automatically get released and so that
>   they also can access the mainview directly. (QObject::inherits() is
>   your friend :-) -- That searcher plugin is an example, as you
>   mentioned. It just installs an event filter and listens for that
>   KonqURLEnterEvent.

In regard to 2.) does it mean that plugins of type 1.), e.g. the already
existing search plugin, will not be accessible through menu ?
How then ?

>2) KPart plugins.
>   You can add a pluginaction to the .rc file, which makes it possible to
>   insert actions into Konqueror's GUI. So this is just like the above
>   plugin, with the addition that you can insert an action (or two, or
>   three, .. :) into the mainview's GUI :-)
>   This however requires a direct modification of the .rc file :-(
>   --> We should look for a additional solution in the new KParts.
>

>What kind of leech-file/caitoo plugin are you thinking of, Matt? :-)

I had an idea that plugin is the way-to-go(tm).

1. Leech files :
-----------
When the web page is displayed, and you somehow select "leech files" plugin,
all links from that page are displayed as a list, and user can select something
to download.
This is what Go!zilla does, but it gets all links from the page and displays
them in a special window.
We might use a simple konqueror window, which would display a list the same way
as directory listing.

2. Caitoo plugin :
------------
For this I am not so sure, I just want to do something like we did in former
CORBA framework. Something like event filtering, which would catch a copy
events and pass them to Caitoo.
I don't know whether this would be possible now or I should wait for new KParts
to be finished.

	Regards

			Matt

--