List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Konqueror plugins
From:       Simon Hausmann <shaus () helios ! Med ! Uni-Magdeburg ! DE>
Date:       1999-11-16 9:06:29

There are two kinds of plugins:

1) Plugins being an implementation of the Konqueror/Plugin servicetype.
   These plugins are created via KLibLoader and given the KonqMainView as
   parent QObject, so that they get automatically get released and so that
   they also can access the mainview directly. (QObject::inherits() is
   your friend :-) -- That searcher plugin is an example, as you
   mentioned. It just installs an event filter and listens for that
   KonqURLEnterEvent.

2) KPart plugins.
   You can add a pluginaction to the .rc file, which makes it possible to
   insert actions into Konqueror's GUI. So this is just like the above
   plugin, with the addition that you can insert an action (or two, or
   three, .. :) into the mainview's GUI :-)
   This however requires a direct modification of the .rc file :-(
   --> We should look for a additional solution in the new KParts.

What kind of leech-file/caitoo plugin are you thinking of, Matt? :-)

Bye,
 Simon