List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kioslave location
From:       Antonio Larrosa <antlarr () arrakis ! es>
Date:       1999-11-13 0:20:10

Don Sanders wrote:

> Hi like your kpager a lot,

No comment :-)

> <snip lots of stuff about I agree with>

[...]

> developers, making packages modular but not fragmented) and as such I think it
> more appropriate for it to be decided by a capable individual who considers all
> the factors involved, and how they relate rather than many individuals who
> consider only their own position.

That's a very strong point to stop the thread, people who are known to make
good decisions are supposed to continue making good decisions.

> Slightly offtopic: Not that I'm against democracy by electing representatives
> but I believe true democracy (everyone votes on every issue) is an unworkable
> ideal.

Of course, democracy is slow.
In some cases, anyway, it's necesary. But I suppose you're right, I was too
much against keeping kioslaves distributed over all the modules. I'll
forget about this thread now.

> Look at the wishlist page to see what people have voted KDE developers should be
> spending their time on. There are some good ideas there, but the most popular
> suggestions are idealistic and shallow to the point of hilarity.

Well, we are all developers here (I hope :-) ), I think noone here will talk
without having an argument (or at least thinking a bit) on what he's saying.

> BTW thanks very much for the summary of the talk you gave, I though it was very
> good and not too long at all.

:-) You're welcome.

Greetings,

--