List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: The filedialog, please read
From:       "Dirk A. Mueller" <dmuell () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-11-05 1:37:49

On Thu, 04 Nov 1999, Stephan Kulow wrote:

> It's more than changing the GUI around the views. You also want
> customize views, kio integration, mimetype checking, etc.

Yeah. If you really want to use the KDE mimetype stuff, you should use
libkonq/KDirLister.

But then libkfile depends on libkonq, see?

So imho: we don't need mimetype checking in a file dialog
do we?

The common usage is the selection by file extension, if at all and not by
the file type itself! And in addition it should be fast. I don't say
KDirLister is slow, but a raw QIconView is probably faster.

Dirk