On Thu, 04 Nov 1999, Stephan Kulow wrote: > It's more than changing the GUI around the views. You also want > customize views, kio integration, mimetype checking, etc. Yeah. If you really want to use the KDE mimetype stuff, you should use libkonq/KDirLister. But then libkfile depends on libkonq, see? So imho: we don't need mimetype checking in a file dialog do we? The common usage is the selection by file extension, if at all and not by the file type itself! And in addition it should be fast. I don't say KDirLister is slow, but a raw QIconView is probably faster. Dirk