List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: [Fwd: kparts]
From:       Simon Hausmann <shaus () helios ! Med ! Uni-Magdeburg ! DE>
Date:       1999-11-04 13:29:10

On Thu, 4 Nov 1999, weis wrote:
[...]
> In KDE components are historically called "parts" :-)

:-)

> KOfficeView would NOT be derived from the ReadWrite Component interface.
>
> A KOfficeWrapper would be and that wrapper in return owns a KoDocument
> and a KoView then.
>
> I think most of the code in "Part" has to move to KoDocument and
> lots of the "View" and "ContainerView" has to go to a new class KoView.
>
> I think one thing was not explained clear enough by me:
> KOffice will "internally"! not use the new embedding stuff. It will
> use KLibLoader and KLibfactory and such but NOT the ReadWrite Component
> stuff. There will just be a class KOfficeWrapper which makes Koffice
> components appear like usual KDE components.

*nod* *nod* :-)

> Bye
> Torben
>
> BTW: Why not deriving KDE Component from QWidget? Where is the problem
> with it having a save method? IMHO no need to invent a new class just
> to have no save method on a QWidget derived class.

That's exactly how the KParts class in my local disk looks like :)
KParts inherits QWidget, and KReadOnlyPart, derived from KParts, has an
openURL method.

Is that fine with you? (David/Torben/*)

If noone objects and if noone started before, then I'd commit my skeleton
stuff this evening. (or perhaps earlier, that depends on how fast this uni
computer compiles ;-)

Ciao,
Simon