List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Changes to kdelibs
From:       Matthias Kalle Dalheimer <kalle () dalheimer ! de>
Date:       1999-10-18 6:40:03

Geert Jansen wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Concering my last email on my new background code:
>
> It was suggested that I temporarily add a class to kdecore that does
> the IPC stuff like it is done now and port kcmdisplay and friends to it.
> Then, when the switch to DCOP is made, it is much easier to do because
> the old code is in one place. Can I go ahead with this?

Yes. Just make sure the class is documented.

> Also, I hope my explanation why I need the backgroundChanged() signal in
> KApplication was clear? It will be next to the paletteChanged() and
> styleChanged() signals. When we switch to DCOP, they could move out of
> there, maybe to a seperate class which implements the basic KDE IPC
> handling.

I must  admit that I still don't like it there, but it is obviously
similar to paletteChanged() and styleChanged(). However, these two
affect the application, too, while backgroundChanged() does not.

This should really be DCOP communication, so if you put it in now,
comment it so that it is clear for people that it will be removed once
all the DCOP stuff is in place.

Kalle

--
Kalle Dalheimer     Contract programming for Unix
kalle@dalheimer.de  Technical writing

Lukashenko and the Pope - the last remaining dictators in Europe.