List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: The embedding thing ....
From:       Kurt Granroth <kurt_granroth () email ! mot ! com>
Date:       1999-10-01 14:15:02

Uwe Thiem wrote:
> > I could imagine to put the canossa framework in kdelibs/kparts.
> > The name canossa (at least Matthias got the meaning of it :-))
>
> Hey, hey, hey! It's quite obvious. At least for someone who studied
> a bit of European history. ;-)

It's not obvious to me at all :-(  What *does* canossa refer to?

Hmm.. if it's not an objectionable meaning, then I say we should keep
it.  I think one of the biggest reasons that everybody knows of Bonobo
is that it has a very unique name.  If they called it GNOME Object
Model (GOM) or something... well, I'd guarantee that it wouldn't
talked about anywhere near as much as it is.
--
Kurt Granroth            | granroth@kde.org
KDE Developer/Evangelist | http://www.pobox.com/~kurt_granroth