List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: The embedding thing ....
From:       "Dirk A. Mueller" <dmuell () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-10-01 10:22:04

weis <weis@stud.uni-frankfurt.de> wrote:

> 1) Interoperability with other fancy languages ->CORBA

errrm, I can agree 100% with everything else, but this will be a
problem. I already see all those whiners who are not "tough" enough to
use C++, but are programming in something else ;-)

Seriously: We'll even kill the fancy java applet that could be embedded
in some presentation (KPresenter), and that's ugly.

Can we make sure that at least some of the KOffice components still
make an optionally, small and easy to maintain idl interface available?

We should slim down and make the canossa way default, but there must be
an alternative available.

can't we write a shared lib that itself exports an idl interface to
which other applications can connect?

this way we can use the shared lib approach for our native KDE applets,
but still can present an idl interface for those who like inferiour
languages ;-)

--
Dirk A. Mueller