List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    RE: The embedding thing ....
From:       weis <weis () stud ! uni-frankfurt ! de>
Date:       1999-10-01 10:37:58

Hi,

On Fri, 1 Oct 1999, David Faure wrote:

> > On Thu, 30 Sep 1999, Uwe Thiem wrote:
> > > On Thu, 30 Sep 1999, weis wrote:
> > >
> > > Wow! The master has spoken. Makes a helluva lot of sense to me what
> > > Torben says.
> >
> > Second.
>
> Same here. It seems I have said a lot of nonsense recently, especially
> on that XML/QAction stuff which I don't know - sorry about that.

No need to be sorry. I thought about this CORBA + XML stuff for some
time until I realized that it wont help to make OpenParts smaller
and easier to deal with.

> I have missed a few mails due to some problems, and just read them all at
> once on lists.kde.org. Torben, you're right (as usual !).

Thanks :-)
<joke>
Could you forward the "right as usual" phrase to my professor before
he starts asking me about Schroedinger, Fermi-Dirac-Verteilung etc :-)
</joke>

> I think we all see the big picture now - real pros and cons of both
> solutions.
>
> David, converted. :)

I would like to put the code in some CVS modul. Especially since
Simon and i changed some things already and fixed some bugs.
I asked coolo for a CVS module, but he does not answer.

I could imagine to put the canossa framework in kdelibs/kparts.
The name canossa (at least Matthias got the meaning of it :-))
should disappear if we decide that we want to go with that code.

Bye
Torben