List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    RE: back to corba (was RE: Transparency -- take 2)
From:       "Dirk A. Mueller" <dmuell () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-09-30 0:05:41

David Faure <David.Faure@CRAMER.CO.UK> wrote:

> I see no problem in providing an open solution with still having
> our own way of doing things.

The problem is: if we don't use the interface on our own, it's VERY
unlikely that it'll be always updated correctly when something in the
API changes.

You've read that 100 times on kde-cvs already: "I've now reinvented the
API - let's see what it breaks"

If we're programming open source, we must ensure that we remain
consistency, which is very difficult for >= 10 developers.

--
Dirk A. Mueller