List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: A new framework for embedding ... without CORBA
From:       "Dirk A. Mueller" <dmuell () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-09-30 0:00:19

Stefan Taferner <taferner@salzburg.co.at> wrote:

> Compiling Kde already takes a long time on my machine.

Well, "compilation time" can NEVER be an issue for a desktop system.
The important thing is how fast and reliable it works, und not how long
does it take to compile.

If we would wonder about compilation time, we would code in assembler
or native machine language and not in something "slow" like C++.

> Speed and stability is an issue.

right, and multithreading. current Qt programs are mostly
single-threaded, whenever something takes longer the screen update
hangs. that's uncool. Windows solved that 4 years ago.

--
Dirk A. Mueller