List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: RE: cuteidl -- maybe we should give a thought to OmniORB
From:       Lotzi Boloni <boloni () cs ! purdue ! edu>
Date:       1999-09-21 20:38:37

> Well, this OTOH would kill cuteidl.

  No, why? I am speaking about the ORB, not about the IDL. I know that
they are interdependent but unless I have a very bad understanding of what
is going on, cuteIDL is a new mapping, essentially idl2qt or idl2kde
instead of idl2c++. And it uses MICO as ORB.

  So you can reuse most of the code and use the other ORB instead, because
the mashalling code should be the same (if I am not an absolute idiot).
Correct me if I am wrong.

          Lotzi