List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: RE: cuteidl -- maybe we should give a thought to OmniORB
From:       Simon Hausmann <shaus () uermel ! Med ! Uni-Magdeburg ! DE>
Date:       1999-09-21 19:08:33

Well, this OTOH would kill cuteidl.

And I'd just like to note that cuteidl enables us

 a) a slimmed/simplified KOM/OpenParts API (and improved internals)

 b) much easier to learn CORBA (no more need to deal with CORBA
    container/data types, except for CORBA::Object_var)

 c) a much faster marshalling for sequences
    (this improves performance for kded<->clients when transferring
     KService data)

 d) improved compilation time *and* less memory usage

OK - perhaps I exaggerated some mentioned points ;-) - but Lars, David and
I are probably not motivated enough to re-do the whole work again ;-)

Greetings,
 Simon (happy with the stable MICO ORB and looking forward to Torben's
        tinyMICO with mini-stl)